Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
89 Kudos
QuasiMojo

Menus that don't obscure what you're working on

by Valued Contributor QuasiMojo on ‎02-26-2014 09:36 AM

It would be very nice if the pop-up menus, particularly the selection menu that appears on hover, did not obscure the very item we are attempting to select.  For instance, when attempting to select a vertex, I place the cursor over the geometry and wait for the selection menu to block it from my sight. Then I have to move it and select.  The fact that there is no way to distiguish which "vertex" is the vertex I want when several are listed is a subject of a different thread I think.DialogHell.gif

Comments
by Valued Contributor QuasiMojo on ‎03-03-2014 03:20 PM

I just found this topic was already covered here  and marked accepted.  Sorry for the redundant post. Send kudos over there instead...

by *Expert Elite* on ‎03-07-2014 06:22 AM
by Valued Contributor QuasiMojo on ‎03-07-2014 10:28 AM

Yes, it's a similar problem but the mini-toolbar can at least be pinned to a specific location so it doesn't get right under the cursor.  That's about the only thing the mini-toolbar has going for it...it should just be trashed in my opinion.  I think this obscuration problem is more akin to the shotgun appearance of viewing constraints rather than the shoddy implementation of the m-t. 

<rant>All in all, it leaves me with the conviction that Autodesk does not USE their own software; rather, they focus on adding half-baked features that look good in marketing print and shareholder reports.  I suspect the investors matter more than the professionals who pay for subscriptions.  </rant>

by *Expert Elite* on ‎03-13-2014 06:29 AM

i aggree Quasi. we have been asking for this to be sorted for a while...

by JHUNT107 on ‎03-25-2014 09:37 AM

QuasiMojo, excellent animation to show the issue. Check out this same idea with 70 votes.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Select-Other-drop-down-needs-moving-out-of-the-wa...

by Valued Contributor QuasiMojo on ‎03-25-2014 12:01 PM

Hi Jhunt107,

Yes, you're right; once I found the post you referenced I tried to direct people over there with the link in my first comment.  It seems no one noticed :smileyhappy:

The animated gif was created using an oddly-named but very useful program called LICEcap

Cheers

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube