Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
87 Kudos
crmayo

MM = mm / IN = in (Dimensions)

by Contributor crmayo on ‎09-09-2013 10:41 AM

Most of the time when I'm drawing, my cap lock are on.  When I type in units in uppercase Inventor doesn't recognize that MM is mm, or IN is in.  I want Inventor to apply the units - proper case or not.

MM IN.PNG

Accepted idea [US21122]. Thanks!
Comments
by mike2411 on ‎10-14-2013 01:01 PM

Yes please...SUCH A PAIN!!!

by Distinguished Mentor on ‎10-29-2013 11:15 AM

Hi!

I Agree, Maybe it´s pain but... DON'T MESS WITH UNITS ... PLEAAASE...

by Employee on ‎01-09-2014 10:17 AM
Status changed to: Accepted
Accepted idea [US21122]. Thanks!
by JHUNT107 on ‎03-10-2014 07:54 AM

I agree that this is a common complaint (which is clear by the 76 kudos on this idea). However the real problem is the use of Caps Lock.

To begin, this request is not possible. The unit prefixes are case sensitive.

m = milli

M = mega

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-EE98BCED-5623-4E3B-9E98-432C6738B081

SIDE THOUGHT: "MB" is commonly understood to be megabytes. When people type "mb", they are really saying millibits.

The better idea would be an Application that auto-capitalize all text typed into iProperties and drawing text. AutoCAD Electrical already has this feature. We would want this feature to have NO effect on model parameters. See my comment and give kudos for this idea.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/ALL-CAPS-change-text-case-to-all-capitals/idi-p/4...

by Contributor crmayo on ‎03-10-2014 07:59 AM

jhunt107, we are only talking the units "mm" and "in" 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube