Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link texture size approriately to units

Link texture size approriately to units

I'm not sure how many of you out there runs into this but I would really love it if Inventor changed the texture scaling based off the units. Right now if you have your units set to inches the texture scale is by default set to feet. Obviously this because a tedious issue if all of your parts are relatively small because if you use custom textures you have to rescale each texture just so it looks somewhat decent. It would be really nice if your units was set to inches then your texture scale would also be set to inches. If you use feet for unit then make it so it changes back to feet for texture scale. Same for mm, cm, etc. It would save your users valuable time of having to rescale the texture to properly fit the parts. We do this A LOT with knurled surfaces and it gets old lol.

image scale.jpg

4 Comments
kwilson_design
Collaborator

Crap, can a moderator or Autodesk person correct the typo in the thread title to include the other "p" for appropriately? I hate we can't edit our thread titles in the IdeaStation lol.

persianTING
Community Visitor

@kwilson_design wrote:

I'm not sure how many of you out there runs into this but I would really love it if Inventor changed the texture scaling based off the units. Right now if you have your units set to inches the texture scale is by default set to feet. Obviously this because a tedious issue if all of your parts are relatively small because if you use custom textures you have to rescale each texture just so it looks somewhat decent. It would be really nice if your units was set to inches then your texture scale would also be set to inches. If you use feet for unit then make it so it changes back to feet for texture scale. Same for mm, cm, etc. It would save your users valuable time of having to rescale the texture to properly fit the parts. We do this A LOT with knurled surfaces and it gets old lol.

image scale.jpg

agree with you

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report