Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
1 Kudo
JamieVJohnson2

Linecommand should only create lines not arcs.

by Mentor on ‎04-18-2014 09:33 AM

Either fix, explain what to do, or make option.  The sketch command in Inventor for Line, should only create lines.  When i move around fast, and pick points, between click and drop, I get many many arcs.  Arcs are not lines.  They are not even the same number of click points.  This must be fixed, and I don't even know how a programmer would have thought the line command should create arcs.  This issue has been around since 2010 (or earlier) all the way through 2015 (which just came out yesterday) so what gives?

I want to be able to click fast and get nothing but lines as expected.  I thought that was fixed in 2015, when they said that mouse down was the official point event not mouse up, but apparently not.  It's time speed enhancements at the fundamental level are completely addressed.

jvj

Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎04-18-2014 11:38 PM
Arcs are created on click-drag. I admit that it takes getting used too, but I like it. I wish that it was in AutoCAD as well!
by *Pro on ‎04-21-2014 05:16 AM

Jamie try not to hold down the left mouse button when drawing lines. You only left click to start the line try not to left click and hold.. 

I love this so I can't give you kudos.  also it is not a bug it has been this way from Inventor 1..

by LeanderTorres on ‎04-23-2014 06:25 AM

Cick, don't drag!

I love this function.

Kind Regards,

Leander Torres Falcato Simoes

by kevinb on ‎04-25-2014 10:58 AM

This is a fast feature for people drawing paths and what not.  Click and drag from a point turns the source point grey instead of green (that's how you know it's there).  This is so that you don't have to and try to set up a fillet.  The arc command is also significantly less useful on lines since you have to back and add tangencies.  (The only thing I really want is to be able to creat an arc that's not quite tangent if I'm starting from the wrong end, but that would involve wizardry and/or mindreading on Inventors part to know that)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube