Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linecommand should only create lines not arcs.

Linecommand should only create lines not arcs.

Either fix, explain what to do, or make option.  The sketch command in Inventor for Line, should only create lines.  When i move around fast, and pick points, between click and drop, I get many many arcs.  Arcs are not lines.  They are not even the same number of click points.  This must be fixed, and I don't even know how a programmer would have thought the line command should create arcs.  This issue has been around since 2010 (or earlier) all the way through 2015 (which just came out yesterday) so what gives?

I want to be able to click fast and get nothing but lines as expected.  I thought that was fixed in 2015, when they said that mouse down was the official point event not mouse up, but apparently not.  It's time speed enhancements at the fundamental level are completely addressed.

jvj

6 Comments
PaulMunford
Autodesk
Arcs are created on click-drag. I admit that it takes getting used too, but I like it. I wish that it was in AutoCAD as well!
jletcher
Advisor

Jamie try not to hold down the left mouse button when drawing lines. You only left click to start the line try not to left click and hold.. 

I love this so I can't give you kudos.  also it is not a bug it has been this way from Inventor 1..

LeanderTorres
Enthusiast

Cick, don't drag!

I love this function.

Kind Regards,

Leander Torres Falcato Simoes

kevinb
Advocate

This is a fast feature for people drawing paths and what not.  Click and drag from a point turns the source point grey instead of green (that's how you know it's there).  This is so that you don't have to and try to set up a fillet.  The arc command is also significantly less useful on lines since you have to back and add tangencies.  (The only thing I really want is to be able to creat an arc that's not quite tangent if I'm starting from the wrong end, but that would involve wizardry and/or mindreading on Inventors part to know that)

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report