Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line and Arc Sketch combine

Line and Arc Sketch combine

I remember in Solidworks, when you were in sketch mode within the model, if you were drawing a line, you select the starting point then an ending point, before placing the third end point (or where ever in the line creation string) the cursor was hovered back over the previous point, the line creation would turn into creating an arc.  This was so handy while sketching.  This prevented the user from constantly having to select between the two commands.  This would be handy here as well.  I hope this makes sense.

4 Comments
rjay75
Collaborator

That feature has been in Inventor for years. While drawing a sketch using the line command, after the first line segment is drawn hover the cursor over the endpoint of the line segment til you get a gray enpoint marker. Click and drag in the direct you want the arc to be. You should now be sketching an arc instead of lines. 

Cadmanto
Mentor

Well, if it has been there for years and many versions, there must be something wrong with my version, because when I do what you are suggesting (which is how it was in Solidworks), it doesn't work at all in 2012.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report