cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's a trap ! - Minimize To Panel Button

It's a trap ! - Minimize To Panel Button

Hi guys,

this is quite a little thing.

I am referring to the "minimize to panel button" in the ribbon.

It's a ok tool...but its position can be a problem...a trap.. for the beginners... statistically a lots of new user will click (before or after..) the little button...and almost always they experience (due the sudden change of teh ribbon)  a sense of confusion and disorientation that increase their insecurity with the software ("Where are the tools? ""Why the software change?" "I remembered it different!."..).

And always frequently he didn't realize what has happened or clicked... with no idea how restore the normal ribbon bar.

It  is annoying  for the expert  too that distractely miss a click and click this tool without wanting it and he has to repair to the changed ribbon..

Just change the position of the tool in a "no so riskly click area", in a safe and "quit" area..

aa.jpg

For example.. here

bb.jpg

6 Comments
mrattray
Advisor

There are constant posts in the forum about "where did my ribbon go?!"

I've thought about making a macro just for these posts. It's as common as "where did my browser go?!"

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Hello admaiora, Some things in Inventor (like this Ribbon control) are standardized across all Autodesk products. So there is not much us Inventor Engineering types can do about this particular request. I realize the kudo count for this idea is low at this time, however I wanted to assure you and others that even though an Idea is set to "New" it doesn't mean we don't review, consider or read them. I will also say that quoting Admiral Akbar is also an effective way to get my attention (as I am an avid SW fan). Regards, - Dan
admaiora
Mentor

Hi Dan,

thanks for the answer and for the review! I really appreciate it!

Have a good day Dan and may the force be with you!

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

ben.lucy7BYUU
Explorer

This thread is the first thing that pops up when you google "inventor minimise to panel buttons undo". How do you do it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report