Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
2 Kudos
KentKeller

Isolate components Improvement

by Valued Contributor KentKeller on ‎07-12-2013 08:42 AM

I get some assemblies that for various reasons have a lot of constraint errors. Many of these are small nuts and bolts type of things hidden inside the assembly.  The best way I have found to get to them is to use Isolate Components.

Currently I have to select a constraint and rmb isolate. Fix the constraint and then undo Isolate, then go to the next one and repeat. I would like to skip having to do undo Isolate and be able to select the next constraint rmb Isolate and have the program undo the current isolate and then apply the one I am wanting.  BTW Isolate is still a choice in the context menu when an isolate is already active, but it does nothing when selected.  This in itself seems like a bug.

Comments
by food4thot on ‎02-13-2014 07:24 PM

Novice to 3D modeling.  Have played with both Solidworks and Inventor.  

When using isolate in Solidworks you can flip to the hidden screen to see all components that are not isolated and select whichever ones you want to include to those already isolated.  Is there a similar feature in Inventor?   

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube