Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolate components Improvement

Isolate components Improvement

I get some assemblies that for various reasons have a lot of constraint errors. Many of these are small nuts and bolts type of things hidden inside the assembly.  The best way I have found to get to them is to use Isolate Components.

Currently I have to select a constraint and rmb isolate. Fix the constraint and then undo Isolate, then go to the next one and repeat. I would like to skip having to do undo Isolate and be able to select the next constraint rmb Isolate and have the program undo the current isolate and then apply the one I am wanting.  BTW Isolate is still a choice in the context menu when an isolate is already active, but it does nothing when selected.  This in itself seems like a bug.

3 Comments
food4thot
Community Visitor

Novice to 3D modeling.  Have played with both Solidworks and Inventor.  

When using isolate in Solidworks you can flip to the hidden screen to see all components that are not isolated and select whichever ones you want to include to those already isolated.  Is there a similar feature in Inventor?   

DRoam
Mentor

Good suggestion. Also, Undo Isolate should restore components to the Associative view reps they had before. Otherwise it's not actually "undoing".

Duplicate/related ideas:

karthur1
Mentor

Good suggestion DRoam.  What a PITA it is to do Isolate in an assembly only to be greeted by this "The component is associativity set by other Design View Rep".  If you continue to remove associativity, when you "Undo" the isolate later, you have to go back and $REDO$ all the view reps that we set previously.  

This is such a pain that it almost makes using Isolate useless if you leverage Design VR.  I will vote for this, but Im not holding my breath they will ever improve on this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report