Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor to Revit

Inventor to Revit

I like to place inventor assys into Revit and back and keep al functions in the assy.

Also want to use all parameters in the assy when i place the assy in Revit and back.

20 Comments
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

bverboort
Advocate

I'd like to be able to have an associative link to a Revit model in Inventor.

I understand that we can currently bring a Revit model into Inventor but updates made to the design in Revit aren't realized in Inventor.

This would be very valuable when doing building product designs.

Thanks,

Brian

Tags (4)
rbadin
Contributor

Inventor's upcoming AnyCAD feature should support RVT files as well.

B.Fetzer
Advocate

Please repair the material behavior during the exchange between Inventor and Revit !

This (wrong) behavior take place since Solution 2013 (for both Programs Revit and Inventor).
I have addressed this in several Autodesk forums (Inventor and Revit Beta Beta).
For years nothing happened 😞

For Shop fitting and interior design we make the construction design with Inventor and the further planning with Revit.
For this Workflow it is necessary to import and export files from and to Revit and Inventor.

Our most important Problems in this Exchange are:
Materials
Corrupt Surfaces

Attached you will find a description of some “Breadboard” of this Problems as PDF.
Please solve this problems as soon as possible !

Kind regards,

Bernhard

Tags (4)
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hello, I am marking this Idea as a duplicate of http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/associative-link-to-revit-model/idi-p/4723975.  Thanks! -Dan

Ezekiel12
Collaborator

Please Autodesk... Please... do AnyCAD for Revit 🙂

john.grimshaw
Enthusiast

I am currently looking at exporting iProperties into a Revit/BIM file.

The iProperties go over but they are just one long list. I want them to match like properties and seperate into correct category filters.

Thanks

John

Tags (3)
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

pcrawley
Advisor

Or... put a STEP translator in Revit.  There's already a STEP translator add-in you can buy, but AnyCAD would seem the logical choice for handling native RVT files.  Great suggestion.

pcrawley
Advisor

Or... put a STEP translator in Revit.  There's already a STEP translator add-in you can buy, but AnyCAD would seem the logical choice for handling native RVT files.  Great suggestion.

jeamy.baena
Advocate

Greetings,

This is very useful feature when we need to interact with building models from Revit. Any plans to implement in the short term?

Thanks!

bverboort
Advocate

A little more detail...

I'd like to be able to select points, edges and faces on the Revit model once in Inventor

memde
Contributor

I'd like to see associative links which work both ways, that is not only associative linking of Revit models which have been passed to Inventor, but also Inventor models which have been passed to Revit. Since Inventor models imported as ADSKs into Revit can become unmanageable because of their complexity, it would be nice if the linked files could be light weighted without first simplifying the geometry in Inventor as is currently the approach. It would also be nice to have active links between Inventor drawings placed into Revit drafting views.

memde
Contributor

A round trip work flow between Inventor and Revit would be great, but in the mean time, it would be nice if Inventor assemblies could be exported as ADSK "assembly'. For example, an Inventor assembly would export to an ADSK which when inserted into Revit would become a Revit assembly where each Inventor part in the assembly would translate to a Revit family within the assembly allowing tagging  etc... in Revit.

fsanchou
Advocate

Hi,

See image below

Best regards

2016-10-21_092809.png

DRoam
Mentor

@fsanchou, could you provide an explanation of what this suggestion is requesting? I understand it has something to do with exporting from Inventor to Revit, but I'm not entirely clear on what the diagram is trying to communicate or what specifically you want this Export functionality to be capable of. Thanks!

fsanchou
Advocate

@DRoam

With Inventor we are able to create parametric design with many method : iPart, iLogic ...

Today simplification is not very smart, very manual, difficult to reuse, ...

Today export RFA don't use Inventor parameter, RFA object is a "dead object" without link : Any modification in Inventor oblige to redo all step any time.

Thanks

SharkDesign
Mentor

Why the hell can't Inventor anyCAD import RFA files?? This is preposterous!

I can export to RFA but can't bring them in and there is no way to convert them without having Revit.

Tags (3)
b.graaf
Advocate

YES!!

Why does AnyCAD not support Revit at the moment? Autodesk is said to be THE BIM company!

b.graaf
Advocate

YES!!

Why does AnyCAD not support Revit at the moment? Autodesk is said to be THE BIM company!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report