Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor renaming tool without Vault

Inventor renaming tool without Vault

It would be very helpful to have a renaming tool for Inventor files, with modern UI, better handling and better perfomance  than Design Assistant. And there are missing options for renaming like replacing strings, new numbering and so on.

For better understanding look at the free tool "Lupas Rename" http://rename.lupasfreeware.org/  it´s old but sensational for renaming.

I know there are restrictions for renaming designs but if a power user could use it, than he could save enormous time.

9 Comments
mrattray
Advisor
michael_marx
Advocate

it´s not a duplicate it´s a extension! 🙂 look at the abilities of the tool i mentioned above and you would see much more things than replacing strings.

MDS-MQ
Advocate

Does Design Assistent have the Manage tab if you do not install vault. If so That is where you do your renaming.

rptandy
Contributor

My company is about to install Vault, but I have been using Design Assistant up to now for all of my renaming. When we met with the company that manages our AutoDesk products to talk about installing Vault, I asked about the differences between using Design Assistant and using Vault for a lot of tasks like this.

I also asked why Design Assistant hadn't been updated lately, and they said something to this effect: the engineers and programmers for Vault are doing their best to make Design Assistant completely obsolete. Now it all makes sense... Why go through the trouble of updating something that comes standard with your software when you can put your resources into replacing it with something else that you can charge extra for?

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Hi all

This could work as follows: https://www.woodworkforinventor.com/support/how-to/assembly-prototype-copying/

Click on the video link.

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

I think Autodesk could buy woodwork? -))) It could also buy developers?-)

JBerns
Advisor

With only 20% of Inventor users using Vault, I would think there would be a lot of Design Assistant users.

I hope DA is not being limited to push users towards Vault.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report