Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
22 Kudos
Mark_Wigan

Inventor: improving the functionality of the ribbon interface

by *Expert Elite* on ‎11-08-2012 04:34 PM

Without debates about ribbon vs. Classic can we simply focus on improving the functionality of the ribbon interface?

Perhaps AD can write the functionality back into the interface for us...

. Allow icons to be dragged to convenient locations, so we can again group them how we need or prefer (if nothing else then at least allow for this when we are adding icons to quick access bar).

. I am sure there are several other basic things that could be considered but lets start the ball rolling before we get too excited.

. It seems dissapointing now, that with the newer technology we have at our disposal, we have less functionality in this regard than we had some years ago. was the interface de-tuned by intention? if so then lets be diplomatic about it and ask the question again.

A few hours of consideration on this topic would potentially make a significant impact... Positive from my point of view.

Comments
by *Pro on ‎11-09-2012 05:27 AM

From what you are saying just putting classic back in would do this and it would be done. there is nothing good about the new interface. And what you are asking was done because what you say is the way classic worked.

So you just proved my point put classic back.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎11-12-2012 04:37 AM

It is not me you need to convince.

by Product Support on ‎06-17-2013 05:06 AM

For example ability to disable complete ribbon tabs (A360 fopr example).

Add you custom ribbon tab with the name of your company

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube