Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
9 Kudos
CelticDesignServices

In-Stream Modifiers for Dimensions

by *Expert Elite* on ‎02-25-2013 12:03 PM

Create the dimension menu that allows the user to input or select the options they need for the dimensions they are about to insert.

Items such as pre-fixed text, Post text, tolerances, Geometric Tolerances, precisions, etc.

These settings would stay active for all following dimensions and allow the user to modify such on the fly for the next few dimensions as required until completed.

In essence, if I have 5 dimensions that require the pre-text of "2X" and a 3 place decimal and 8 dimensions that have no text but a 2 place decimal, I select the settings, insert those 5 dimensions and then make the needed changes for any following dimensions and this continues all without having to exit the dimension command.

CADDS5 had this ability back in the late 80's and honestly anything that reduces the time I have to spend detailing a part, the better.

Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎03-06-2013 10:22 AM

Unfortunately this is the best picture example I could find of the old CADDS5 menu.

It's not exact, but it might get the idea across. I will keep looking for a picture of the actual CADDS5 dimension menu I'm talking about.

cadds5Dims-1.jpg

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube