Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve parameter linking

Improve parameter linking

I'd love to be able to more easily pull a parameter in from another file in the same assembly. I imagine this as a function added to the dimension / feature "Measure" "List Parameters" flyout. 
You would select "Link to file" (or whatever) and then select the source part / assembly from tree or directly clicking on the part itself and be presented with the "Link Parameters" dialog as it currently appears.
The link would be established and the selected parameter would then be used in that dimension / feature
This should also be added to frame generator offsets (which doest even have "Measure" at the moment.
4 Comments
BiktimirovK
Enthusiast

Hi!

Often when we create assembly using Top-Down process, we manage this assembly by skeleton or main multibody part, which consist all main parameters of an assembly.

There are no ways by manipulate them from top assembly parameters.

I need solving of cycle dependency via linking parameters from parts parameters to parameters of an assembly, which parts are placed

Best regards,

Konstantin Biktimirov

Kelly_Shuman
Advocate

IDEA: Automatically link parameters in assembly file to part files created from within the assembly. 

Parameters from an assembly file are automatically linked to part files in it.

Btw, Excel is a more user friendly environment than Parameter Manager for dual screens. 

Miquel
Advocate

Are you speaking about to create links beetwen parts without ilogc rules, excel or derived components?
I’m thinking to show the parameter of other part when i’m designing my part in the assembly environment, as when I design a part and select “show dimension”, this option shows me other internal parameter about my design… so it will be better show the parameter of other part.
This topic also would solution the option to link parameters into shaft generator…

ideastation.JPG

diego.dorta
Advocate
hello, have you tried this app? file:///C:/ProgramData/Autodesk/ApplicationPlugins/coolOrange_coolOrangelinkParameters.bundle/Contents/Documentation/coolOrangelinkParameters.html it's quite good

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report