Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink text in drawings.

Hyperlink text in drawings.

Allow text in dwgs (and also subsequent dwfs) to be hyperlinked by pressing CTRL and clicking.

24 Comments
BryanKelley
Alumni

Hello Vandargo,

Would you want to be able to CTRL-click any text and have it search, or a statnd URL link like the following?  www.autodesk.com 

Thanks,

Bryan

Sr. Software QA Engineer

DLS – Mechanical Design 

jannaspicer
Alumni
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Lance127
Advocate

I would like this. Being able to hyperlink the Parts List directly to the dwf of the listed part would really be nice.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

This project [US-51105] is under future consideration by the development team.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [408]. Thanks!

Ray_Feiler
Advisor

I would like to have the ability to add hyperlinks to objects such as balloons in the IDW file just like I can in AutoCAD. If a parts iProperties has WEB Link information a Ctrl-click on this part in an assembly or drawing will follow this link. These links should also be avaible in the exported DWF file.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support
Hello, this idea has already been submitted: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Hyperlink-text-in-drawings/idi-p/3702568 Please be sure to visit the other idea and cast your kudo there. Thanks! Dan
Ray_Feiler
Advisor

Okay, can this be deleted then?

LOONYLEN
Advocate

I think both of these proposals should be included.

A stand-alone hyperlink and also the ability to add a hyperlink to any word in a note or leader note.

I know I could use this functionality.

creese1972
Explorer

People have been requesting this now for along time. Any progress?

joesbartels
Participant

We would love to be able to do this. We currently have to use Bluebeam and Plangrid to scrub the PDF drawings after publishing to get hyperlinks. It would be way more efficient to do it in Inventor natively. 

bjorn.verheijden
Contributor

Already promoted to accepted in 2013 and gathering support by Dan Szymanski.

Still nothing....

Please look at this functionality. We have some rather complicated assemblies with a lot of items from sub suppliers, where our assembly plant struggles to get the correct info. A hyperlink option to installation manuals etc. would really be helpful.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We are refining procedures around idea status. Changing this to Future Consideration.

bjorn.verheijden
Contributor

Sorry to say this, but what is the joke to change something from future consideration to accepted and gathering support already in 2013 (see above) and then back to "future consideration" in 2019...

Seems to me to be a step back or am I wrong?

It would really be a nice feature.

In general the whole text block editor of Inventor needs an overhaul. Would it not be possible have something like a Word editor build in? (No expert myself)

Ray_Feiler
Advisor

Why is this such a challenge for Autodesk? Just tap someone over at the AutoCAD office and have them show you how this should be coded. Please.

eric_schubert2
Advocate

Future Consideration?  I'm surprised this isn't already in the Inventor drawing environment, being added years ago.  So many customers could use this feature.  Sounds like it went backwards from 'Accepted'.  I'm wondering what the hold-up is...  Any updates from the Autodesk team on this one?

creese1972
Explorer
I use solid works now and on the drawing anything I highlight I can create
a hyperlink. It's awesome and a big time saver. You can link to suppliers
or right to the purchased part even 🙂
pauljwoodward
Explorer

Accepted as an idea in 2013... Not going to happen is it?

☹️

creese1972
Explorer
Probably not.... I use solid works now and it does. Its awesome.
martin.madaj
Advocate

Come on, Autodesk...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report