15 Kudos
japike

Highlight Browser Folders

by Valued Mentor on ‎03-14-2013 04:38 AM

When a component is selected in the graphics window, it is hightlighted in the browser. However, if the component is in an unexpanded browser folder it still can't be found. When a component is selected in the graphics window and is in an unexpanded folder, please hightlight the folder.

I believe this request has already been captured within the comments of an accepted Idea [US4559] - found here.

"Browser tree" would also include browser folders.
Therefore I am marking this a duplicate. Please continue to cast kudos to the parent idea. Thanks!
-Dan

Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎03-14-2013 11:14 AM

To further elaborate on this, not only would I like to see this sub component highlighted, how about instead of just making the component red boxed in to show something like a yellow highlight.

by Employee dan.szymanski ‎03-19-2013 07:28 AM - edited ‎03-20-2013 08:09 AM
Status changed to: Duplicate

I believe this request has already been captured within the comments of an accepted Idea [US4559] - found here.

"Browser tree" would also include browser folders.
Therefore I am marking this a duplicate. Please continue to cast kudos to the parent idea. Thanks!
-Dan

by Valued Mentor on ‎03-19-2013 11:05 AM
While US4559 is an interesting idea, I'm concerned that it won't cover what I'm looking for. I use browser folders to organize my browser and often don't need to scroll to find a component because of that. However, when a part is in a folder it doesn't highlight in the browser when selected in the graphics window, so, it's difficult to find. If you would expand the folder and then highlight the component, I would buy it - but, just scolling does nothing for me.
by Valued Contributor timdown73 on ‎03-20-2013 07:33 AM

Hello japike,

I completely agree.  Folders should open and highlight selected parts.  In the [US4559] "Browser tree" Idea that I posted, I posted a reply that touched on expanding the tree...

• For multiple selections...If you already have the browser tree expanded when you start selecting multiple objects, the tree would autmatically collapse to fit more of the selected objects in the window.
  • If you have the tree collapsed when you begin selecting multiple objects it would expand as needed to include them in the window.
  • I suppose it could work for any browser equivalent item, though that wasn't my original intent but why not.:smileyhappy:

I would hope that your idea would be incorporated into this request as well.  I do not use folders as much as I should but when I do, I would want them to expand/open and highlight the parts that I have selected.

by Employee dan.szymanski on ‎03-20-2013 08:01 AM

Hey guys, fear not - your browser folder functional requests have been captured within the Master / Parent idea [US4559].  Thanks! -Dan

by Valued Contributor timdown73 on ‎03-21-2013 05:15 AM

Very cool.  Thanks!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube