Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
5 Kudos
a.sima

HORIZONTAL VERTICAL constraints

by a.sima on ‎06-25-2014 05:40 AM

Please make Horizontal/vertical REAL!, I'm not interrested Horizontal constraint to be aligned to, say, X axis, sometimes a horizontally constrained line becomes vertical!. If I set the sketch in specific orientation, when I set a line as horizontal that means I want that line to be parallel to the base of the screen that is HORIZONTAL, it's strange to have these constraints as they are now.

Can we have just F8 to show/hide the constraint displaying? Why two different keys?

Comments
by Valued Mentor on ‎06-25-2014 09:44 AM

I'm totally onboard with using F8 as a toggle instead of an F8/F9 combination.

As for horizontal being "real" only in the context of the user's view of the model?  Anyone using a 3D mouse will HATE this idea.  Any slight misalignment of the view of the sketch plane (some of us do not usually view the sketch plane orthogonally anyway) will result in a skew line defined as horizontal.  No.  No.  No.  "Real" in terms of horizontal and vertical should always be in reference to the current sketch plane.  The horizontal axis is bolder/thicker than the vertical, likely designed expressly so for reasons of visual orientation.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube