Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Effect App for Inventor idws/sketches

Force Effect App for Inventor idws/sketches

I find myself creating idws of parts and assemblies to document Free Body Diagrams.  I use the sketch tool to draw forces, dimension locations, etc.  When I update the source iam/ipts, the diagrams update. 

Sometimes I print out the idw and take a picture of it with my iPad.  I use the picture as a background for the Force Effect app.  This works ok, but is cumbersome as the design changes.

I would like to see the Force Effect solver running in Inventor so I can create simple 2D Free Body Diagrams without having to go into the Dynamic Simulation environment. 

Ideally, the solver would understand geometry updates to the base components, position and view reps.  I see it running in a child sketch of a drawing view, that way I can project just the required geometry for the Free Body Diagram.

4 Comments
Rory_M
Advocate

Agree with this 100%. The force effect app gives fast results, but I (and I guess most other Inventor users) don't have an iPad on my desk at work. Even if I did, why would I prefer an imprecise tablet interface to draw approximate shapes when I could do it precisely in Inventor?

If something like this were to be integrated, please make it as easy as the iPad app to use.

drawings
Advocate

Additional reasons:

Being able to use the tools I am familar with.

Having it connected to the model/and or drive it.

I have create multiple formulas as user parameters to get results.

Analytix (program I have used) allowed the model to step through motion and give interval shots of movement. This quickly illustrated the changing of motion. You also could chart or graph parameter results. Some of this in the sketch environment of Inventor would be a lot more useful for the reasons given.

safiredesignengineers
Collaborator

hi i think this is a must but also it needs a non-contact contact i.e in sketch mode when two blocks / elements touch they interact, see sample idea here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KsZsomxYP4

and vote here if you can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KsZsomxYP4

invenrtor will be so much better with simple 2d simulation abilites

regards Adrian

Dan_Margulius
Advisor

I hope Autodesk will bring back Force Effect

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report