Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An oldie but a goodie...The Chamfer note

An oldie but a goodie...The Chamfer note

I've asked for this many times before and those of you who know me well, know I'll keep asking for it until it's fixed.

But can we please finally get the Chamfer note text corrected to all CAPS?

(yes, I know it can be changed, yes I know I can set it in the template, etc. how about it just gets fixed so I don't keep having to do such?)

ANSI standards do not allow lower case text on drawings. (OK, there are a few exceptions, this is not one)

All other text in Inventor comes in as CAPS except the Chamfer note.

Let's fix it once and for all.

Capture.PNG

12 Comments
CelticDesignServices
Collaborator

As you may have seen my rant already, this is I hope the step needed to take to fix this long past due issue.

Currently still when a detailer inserts a Chamfer note the text comes in as "Chamfer" as opposed to the required drafting standard of "CHAMFER".

Can we pleeeeeeeeeeze get this fixed for once and for all so I'm not constantly having to go in and customize things for something that SHOULD be correct in the first place.

Thanks

Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant
The_Angry_Elf
Advisor

Per the official AutoDesk MVIS guide for instructors:

AdeskText.JPG

Per real world application in Inventor 2015:

Chamfer-wrong.JPG

Looks to me like AutoDesk has a change order to create.

jtylerbc
Mentor

Agree that it should be fixed, so no one has to deal with this silly issue again.  It seems like it would be a simple fix that would take up basically no development time - just a matter of changing that setting in the default Style Library.

That being said -  why do you keep having to do it over and over?  I fixed it in my templates and Styles Library sometime around 2010, and have never had to deal with it again, so I'm curious why it keeps popping up for you.

The_Angry_Elf
Advisor
@jtylerbc, The claim that I have to keep doing it over and over is from when or if I do work for a client, such as a new install, etc. It's one of those things that I always have to remember to set when creating a client's drawing templates. Mine are all set.
jtylerbc
Mentor

Ah, okay.  Makes perfect sense in that case.  Can definitely see where that would get old. 

chris31
Collaborator

YEP.  I've asked for this in the past also.  Voted.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [23709]. Thanks!

The_Angry_Elf
Advisor

@dan_szymanski

Did my AU  statements have anything to do with this? Smiley LOL

Thanks!!!

Cadmanto
Mentor

This should have never come out of the box this way.  I retype this all the time!!!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

@The_Angry_Elf

Hi Jim, I really do appreciate the passion you shared regarding the topic. Smiley Very Happy  To be honest, I overlooked this issue a number of times in the past, as the workaround to address it seemed simple enough (change the dim style).  In our ongoing mission to perfect Inventor, these types of "workarounds" are ideal candidates to address.  So thanks for not giving up on us & I am happy to connect "The Angry Elf" with a face.  Smiley Happy

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2021. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report