Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
20 Kudos
timdown73

Feature values displayed in browser tree

by Valued Contributor timdown73 on ‎02-14-2013 01:46 PM

I think it may be useful if Inventor displayed the main feature values in the browser tree.  This would save you from having to click on the feature or look in the parameters dialog to find the value of any given feature.  I think for features such as holes, just the diameter would suffice without the reference dimensions to keep it simple yet useful. 

Capture4.JPG

Comments
by jmoltra on ‎02-15-2013 11:24 AM

In fact this functionality already exists within Inventor 2013. Tools > Application Options > Part tab > Show extended info for features

by Valued Contributor timdown73 on ‎02-18-2013 05:39 AM

Oh ok!  Thanks.

by scottnewman on ‎02-23-2013 03:15 PM

Great Idea.   How about adding "Visible" selection as well, so items can be turned on / off quickly

by Employee BryanKelley on ‎02-25-2013 03:33 PM
Status changed to: Solution Provided

by Employee BryanKelley on ‎02-25-2013 03:35 PM

Hello timdown73,

Yes, we did this last release as an option that could be enabled.  By default, it is off.

2-25-2013 3-32-55 PM.png

Thanks,

Bryan

by Employee BryanKelley on ‎02-25-2013 03:36 PM

Hello scottnewman,

Can you create a new post with your comment?  That way it will not get lost within this thread.

Thank you,

Bryan

by Valued Contributor timdown73 on ‎02-26-2013 05:07 AM

Thank you,  At least I know it was a good enough idea that it got added to Inventor.  I just wish I had thought of it earlier.  :smileyhappy:  Thanks again for letting me know where it is, I have turned it on and it's working great!

by Valued Contributor streharg on ‎03-07-2013 01:26 AM

Can autodesk please implement this feature to machining also? That would be great! And apply it to more levels. So if you're in assembly, and want to check some feature in subassembly, you don't need to open/activate that sub assy.:smileyhappy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube