Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing - Views - LOD - Mass Properties

Drawing - Views - LOD - Mass Properties

I have through the years seen customers request information to where LOD views are placed within the IDW or DWG files and want only the Mass properties of the LOD to be reported when its mapped in as a property in the title block.

Older Referenced enhancement request

Drawing - Part list - LOD -- Correct information

Thank You,

Don

12 Comments
fbk
Advocate
Advocate

When you have an Assembly with "level of details" (Parts suppressed), you can make a drawing of this.

In the View of the Assembly, you can select (TAB: Component) the Level of Detail.

When you make the Partlist of this LOD-view, you want to get the BOM of this LOD, not the MASTER.

Also I want to display (Format text), the MASS of the LOD.

Can you make this ?

Thanks in advance,

Fred Bellekom

jletcher
Advisor

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Add-LOD-representation-in-partlist/idi-p/4420235

A work around would be to balloon all the items then go to filter and select balloon items only...

fbk
Advocate
Advocate

Thanks Letcher,

The first part is exact the same as mine. Mins think a like ;-).

But do you also have a trick for the second part :

Also I want to display (Format text), the MASS of the LOD (parts suppressed)

Tnx, Fred

jletcher
Advisor

Can you explain (Format text), the mass?

Do you mean if you are in LOD you want the mass to show?

fbk
Advocate
Advocate

If I have a LOD, I have suppressed parts. When I ask for the information MASS, Inventor will give me the information of the MASTER (incl. the3 weight of the suppressed parts).

I also want to show this information in my drawing. When I show a view Level of Detail, with suppressed parts, I also want to display (Format text) the "Physical Properties - Model" MASS of that LOD.

There is no pull down where I can choose the LOD.

jletcher
Advisor

OK I understand what you are asking let me play with it.

I think we may need to write an ilogic to capture the LOD mass and make a custom property to list them.

Would that work for you?

A work around for now would to manually get the mass then make a custom property you can call up in the drawing.

Custom.JPG

fbk
Advocate
Advocate

That will work I Think. Does the custom property also always be updated in the drawing ?

jletcher
Advisor

Yes it would update in the drawing unless there is a bug I am not aware of..

andrewiv
Advisor

There should  be a way to show the center of gravity for a level of detail in a drawing instead of always showing the center of detail for the mastere LOD.

benjoefoe
Advocate

Has this issue ever been addressed?

andrewiv
Advisor

Not really an issue, just a request, but no I don't think this has been addressed.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [15114]. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report