Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not allow "Enter" to exit "Hole" while setting reference distances

Do not allow "Enter" to exit "Hole" while setting reference distances

This is such an annoyance! When I use the "hole" widget to establish drill points on a face, and establish reference dimensions, I should not have to click on the green checkbox in the dimension itself in order to complete that part of the configuration.  I should be able to press enter and keep moving, but instead it finishes the hole tool altogether often requiring me to delete the hole and start all over.

It is very un-user friendly.

6 Comments
GNR88
Enthusiast

While using this command you do not need to press enter or use the green tick. once you have entered the desiered vaule you can simply select the second referance edge.

Please try this out and let me know how you get on.

PS. what version of inventor are you running?

RobertWK
Collaborator

The point here is that most functionalities allow "enter" as a means to input data, and we have been accustomed to that for a long time.  With "enter" exiting the operation and calling it complete, it goes against the grain of behavior that we have all learned.

It shouldn't behave this way.

Mark_Wigan
Collaborator

i think that the hole widget needs improvement

a_sima
Enthusiast

That's right, and not only this dialogue box needs improvement, say in moldyng environment, after placing the plastic part one has to rotate the part, give the required angle then, by the nature, it confirms the value with enter key and nothing rotates, First you have to move the hand on the mouse, click the tick mark and then click ok, why enter in this case could not perform both accepting the value and finish the operation?

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2019. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report