Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Arc ANGLE

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
melmo
4777 Views, 3 Replies

Dimension Arc ANGLE

Sometimes I would like to dimension an arc by angle, not by length or radius/diameter.  I know that you can angle dimension the three points of the arc, but I think it would be more efficient and an improvement to the interface.  There are times when I need to dimension lots of arc angles and it quicly gets difficult to identify center points.

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BryanKelley
in reply to: melmo

This can be done now after the Arc is placed within the Sketch. Start the Dimension command, select one of the endpoints, the center, then the other endpoint. It will create an angular dimension. Also, depending upon the selection order, the angle could vary. Thanks, Bryan
Thanks,
Bryan

Sr. Software QA Engineer
DLS – Mechanical Design
Message 3 of 4
melmo

Bryan,

Thank you for your reply; however I do not consider it a solution.  Please reread my original post, where I state that I already know that you can dimension arc angle by selecting three points.

To clarify my request, my proposal was for that option to add the ability to specify arc angle directly, e.g. via the "Dimension Type" context menu as an option in addition to "Radius", "Diameter", and "Arc Length".

As I stated above, the technique you (and I) cited is tough to implement in busy sketches, where it can be hard to loacte/identify an arc's center point.  Also, that method does not work as expected when dimensioning values greater than 180 degrees, especially when you cross from <180° to >180°, unless you constrain two of the arc's three points.

Please remove "solution provide" from the status, thank you.

Message 4 of 4
BryanKelley

Hello Melmo,

Please see the attached images for steps.

6-5-2014 10-57-34 AM.png

6-5-2014 10-58-17 AM.png

This is in Inventor 2015.

Thank you,

Bryan

Thanks,
Bryan

Sr. Software QA Engineer
DLS – Mechanical Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums