Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Detail Leaders

Better Detail Leaders

very minor, but it would be nice to move the tip of a detail leader once it is created. unfortunately to change it you have to change the detail to a non-leader type, rotate the letter around, and then drag the leader out.

jwheatleyWR6WX_0-1591385287400.png

2 Comments
jtylerbc
Mentor

When creating detail views, it is possible to switch the identifier from being shown in-line with the border to being on a leader.  This is nice for small detail views, where the actual boundary of the detail may not be much bigger than the text size of the label.

You can then drag the label around as needed, but can't move the point of the arrow to another location on the detail boundary.  To relocate the leader's arrow, you have to turn the leader off, move the in-line label to the point where you want the arrow to be, then turn the leader back on.  If you do forget and try grabbing the point of the arrow, you start resizing the view boundary.

This is a very silly workaround for something that should be very simple.  Please add a grip at the arrow point so it can be adjusted directly.

jtylerbc
Mentor

This idea is a duplicate of a (much) older one I posted several years ago.  My version doesn't have a picture, so arguably this newer posting by @jwheatleyWR6WX might be clearer on what it is talking about than mine was.

If you voted for this one, please also vote for the older one that already has a slight head start on support.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/detail-view-leader-movement/idi-p/4345181

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report