Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
81 Kudos
crmayo

Design Doctor sucks - Display error notifications in model tree

by Contributor crmayo on ‎08-26-2013 06:54 AM

Give me the option to use Design Doctor.   If I don't know what created the error I have to click the cross and waste my time clicking thru buttons in this dialog box.  I just want to know where the error is - I can fix it.  Display some type of indication in the model tree by the part or assembly that has an error - you could us the red cross.

design dr sucks.JPG

Comments
by Product Support AndrewSears on ‎08-28-2013 02:39 PM

Can you verify the workflow using Inventor 2014 please?  We added functionality in 2014 to show (and highlight) sick constraints on the model without the need to cycle through the browser.

Andy 

by Contributor crmayo on ‎08-29-2013 04:17 AM

Sorry, Tata tech convinced my boss a couple of months ago that we shouldn't install 2014.  Who knows how long we will be stuck with 2013,,,   Great news though, thanks for the reply.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube