Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customised View Labels

Customised View Labels

Hi Guys.

It would be a great feature if we could add customised blocks to the view labels, allowing us to create our own view labels.

We do lots of work for different companies, these companies "clients" give us their title blocks and drawing standards. So therefore anything we create for them, has to conform to there standard.

To be able to do this, we save all our Inventor drawings in dwg format, open the files in AutoCAD, place view labels, then open the files up again in Inventor. This is not a very good work-a-round and is time consuming.

Please try to add this functionality "customised view labels and identifiers" Please see picture attached.

7 Comments
laptop_geek
Advocate

You might try using a Sketched Symbol to do this. It is very simple to create a sketched symbol that has prompted text in it. Simply create your sketched symbol, add a text box to it, then go in and edit the text box. In the editer change the type of your text to "Prompted Entry". Whenever the symbol is placed a prompted entery dialoge will pop up and you may edit the text in the symbol. We currently do this with our flag notes and it works very well.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps.

chris.ashby
Explorer

Thanks laptop..

Have tried this, but its way to cumbersome. Each label must have un up/down/left/right arrow. Symbols need to be created for elevations, sections, details. So that's 12 symbols already. Then I need to create symbols for identifiers for where the views are taken from, which also must conform to the up/down/left right.

The permiatations run into the hundreds. Which we can do, will take a little time.

But the problem is.... The view identifiers don't update with view numbering, text in the symbols that overlap symbol geometry (wont allow me to mask the geometry). Basically if I move views, create or delete views, I have to redo all the identifiers again manually. If geometry overlaps, I have to create a new symbol.

Also i cannot find the information anywhere to include "view" information in a symbol. Or a routine for a symbol to automatically take the next "view identifier number" in the list. Placing it manually can cause errors, especially when I have designs that are detailed over 20 sheets.

Believe me, its quicker and easier to apply the symblos in AutoCAD, and bring the drawing back to Inventor. But as I said before, human errors occur.

Would just be nice to be able to define a block, and say, use that item as an identifier. Which updates according view information.

shmartin89
Advocate

I would like to change the default design of view labels to suit the inserted image. This would conform with the majority of industry drawings. Currently I turn of the visibility of the view label & insert a sketch symbol.

Thanks,

Sandy

View label Design.jpg

Tags (3)
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support
Hello, I believe this Idea has already been posted here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Customised-View-Labels/idi-p/4301201 Please visit it and cast your kudo to this Master Idea, as to not split the votes for the enhancement suggestion. Thanks! -Dan
jerodharbert
Enthusiast

I would like to see more versatility/options in labeling a view, but 90% of my concern is simply having a different label for parts vs assemblies.  All my labels are setup for part info, then maybe delete "Material" if I have an Assy view.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes.

We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found
that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know.

- Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)

FProcp
Collaborator

FProcp_0-1589936617022.png

View Label in a Tennis Racquet Symbol

Is there a way to have view labels in a Tennis Racquet type symbol?

A horizontal line with a circle at the right-hand side.

I need the the word "VIEW", "DETAIL" or "SECTION" above a horizontal line on the left.

Below that line I need the scale.

Within the circle, above the line, I need the View or Section label (eg. "K").

In the bottom half of the circle I need a reference to the drawing where that view is referencing from.

In the example above View K is taken from a View on drawing "011".

The drawing we are looking at here is "012".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report