54 Kudos
streharg

Custom patterns

by Valued Contributor streharg on ‎11-05-2012 04:59 AM

I would like to have custom patterns!

Patterns can stay the way they are, but besides spacing and distance, please, add custom, so users can define custom distances. That would save a lot of time! Now, have to do 2, 3 or 4 different patterns of same thing, just to get spacings right.

Greg

Accepted idea [US14656]. Please continue to provide feedback on environment preference. Thanks!
Comments
by cgusi ‎06-19-2013 01:08 AM - edited ‎06-19-2013 01:11 AM

And Helicoidal pattern too!!!

In assembly and part environments. I've ask it in anothre post....

Old Mechanical Desktop does this!

by Contributor ilotey on ‎06-21-2013 11:40 AM

Solidworks has a thing called a sketch driven pattern.  Basically

1. You create a sketch that has a whole bunch of points in it.  you can define and place the points whereever and however you like in your sketch.

2. Create a seed feature on on of those points

3. Start the sketch driven pattern command

4. Select the point on which your seed feature sits (the base point)

5. The seed feature will be patterened to all the other points in the sketch.

The advantage to this approach is that developers don't have to try to anticipate every type of pattern users will want.

Further to this, SW will allow you to use this type of feature pattern to drive an assembly component pattern

Something like this would be awesome in Inventor.

by Active Contributor JoeBarnes4076 on ‎10-24-2013 12:36 PM

How about a pattern based on a sketch of points.  It would be the graphical equivalent to the table pattern.  It would also be much more flexible.  Creo had table patterns forever.  Very difficult to use and had limitations for locational references.  In a sketch any point can be located with respect to any reference.

by Contributor m.numberger on ‎04-04-2014 02:38 AM

Hello,

now i found this idea.

It's the same direction as my idea:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Irregular-Pattern-with-Excel-Table/idc-p/4934776#...

Best regards

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube