Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Structural Improvements

Content Center Structural Improvements

1/2 should be between 7/16 and 9/16 on size lists.  It should not be after 1.

Order Sizes Properly.PNG

This is happening in 4", 5", 12" Flat Bar

Maintain consistency with fractions or decimals if they're lengths (both rect and sq tubes have this issue)

Mixing Decimals and Fractions.PNG

Going through the table is extremely obtuse since it doesn't tell you what dimensions conform to what.  Most of the time I'm chosing beam based on flanges or height rather than anything.

The size selection should also be improved with more information on what all the dimensions listed actually mean.  As is, I'm using either other charts or just place a piece and play with the change size feature to find the flange/web sizes I need.

Channel Dimensions.PNG

Tube and Pipes and what not where it's not by weight should also list weight per length.  Pipe/tube should also list volumetric capacity per length.  I should also be able to select material of member from this screen as sometimes I need to use stainless or aluminum or a different steel instead of the standard.  Being able to do end treatments from this screen to put them together later would also save time.

The frame generator can do a lot of this but constantly regenerates members when changes are made so I can't cut a slot or something into it and have it stay put.  (It also likes to list the parts length to a nats **** instead of just letting me round off sizes and fill in with weld.)

Beam Dimension Table.PNG

11 Comments
timdown73
Collaborator

Agreed!  Kudos!

kevinb
Advocate

Thinking on it, I believe another tab is warranted for end treatments since anything not as simple as "Θ° from horizontal".  What I'd really like is a "miter to beam" with a drop down for what I'm mitering to.  Probably toss a copy of the beam selector on a fifth tab as well so that everything can be done from a single menu.

Robert.Reid
Contributor

AUTODESK SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO ADD THE PROPER CROSS-SECTION TO VARIOUS MATERIALS TO FRAME GENERATOR/CONTENT CENTER

STEEL I-BEAMS ARE WAY DIFFERENT THAN ALUMINUM I-BEAMS

IN FRAME GENERATOR, IF I PICK A W8 X10, AND I CHOOSE  ALUMINUM, I DO NOT GET  GET THE PROPER CROSS-SECTION THAT I AM SUPPOSE TO GET, I STILL GET A STEEL CROSS-SECTION

I THINK AUTODESK SHOULD BE LIABLE FOR THIS MAJOR SOFTWARE SCREW-UP

kevinb
Advocate

If the dimensions are different, then there should be a different standard selection at a higher level, presumably at the same level when you choose M, W, I, or H beam.  Same names just a (Steel) or (Aluminum) next to the designation.  Come to think of it, you should probably be able to switch between the four different types of beam without having to generate a completely new part file.

Robert.Reid
Contributor

EXACTLY!

THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS ISSUE

PEOPLE ARE WASTING A LOT OF TIME USING THE WRONG SHAPES

THAT THEY THINK ARE CORRECT

ALSO THE LIABILITY OF STUFF THAT HAS BEEN ALREADY MANUFACTURED

AND OUT IN THE FIELD THAT MAY FAIL

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [12014]. Thanks!

nickada
Advocate

Please review this idea Improve & Update Content Center. Please vote for this idea as it helps all of us who think the Content Center needs updating.

Thank You

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk

@kevinb @nickada @Robert.Reid @timdown73 

we are investigating on this idea, and some progress is made. You can access the feedback community page to see what we have done

You could access the page below to understand how to join the Beta at https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/inventor-feedback-beta-project-how-do-i-get-access/td-...

Thanks,

River

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2023.1. Please review the Inventor 2023.1 What's New article here. For more information regarding how you may leverage the feature, and please review this page. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report