Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Visability

Component Visability

When in an Assembly, I would like to be able to select a component, either in the model area or the tree, I would like to be able to see all of the edges of the model, and not just the visible edges.  When I say visible ones, I am assuming the "Visual Style" is set to "Shaded".  

This would aid so much in seeing how things line up, or checking for interference, without having to change "Visual Style" to show hidden lines and clutter up the assembly.

This screenshot is from ProE. Note that I did not make all components in front of the component of interest transparent.  I simply selected the component, and it shows me all of the edges, both directly visible, and those that are behind other components.

Capture1.JPG

7 Comments
ljordan
Advocate

When in an Assembly, I would like to be able to select a component, either in the model area or the tree, I would like to be able to see the all edges of the model, and not just the visible one.  When I say visible ones, I am assuming the "Visual Style" is set to "Shaded".  

This would aid so much in seeing how things line up, or checking for interference, without having to change "Visual Style" to show hidden lines and clutter up the assembly.

Tags (2)
timdown73
Collaborator
ljordan
Advocate

Thanks for the response Tim.  Unless I am misunderstanding the link, I wouldn't envision me wanting transparency in the same sense those guys did.  I may be misunderstanding though because one person did say "former ProE users "scream" for..".

I am going to edit my post to include a picture.  I was working on it, but didn't expect that fast of a response!

ljordan
Advocate

If someone can direct me on how to delete an idea, I will delete my original.  I reposted this to include a screenshot, as I don't think transparency is my solution.  I think it would work, but I would have to do it right opposite of how I think it should perform.  I don't want to select everything that is in front and make transparent.  I want to select a component, wherever it is, and see all of the edges of the component (wireframe, not all hidden lines.  I guess it should actually be based off of the current "Visual Style").  

timdown73
Collaborator

Smiley HappyPictures worth a thousand words.

timdown73
Collaborator

I don't think you can delete an idea.

ljordan
Advocate

Smells like another idea...."Delete ideas"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report