Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
1 Kudo
MMcGinnis

C'Sink Diameter Should Update with Thread

by MMcGinnis on ‎10-16-2013 11:01 AM

When putting in a threaded hole and c'sink the c'sink diameter should update with the thread diameter, i.e. go bigger or smaler with the thread diameter.

Comments
by *Pro on ‎10-16-2013 11:36 AM

Just go change the excel file to do what you want.

Or you are not giving enough information.. Because this can be done in the excel file.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎10-17-2013 07:42 AM

James -

He's talking about when you're in the hole tool.  If you create a countersunk / counterbored hole, but then you change the hole diameter, the countersink / counterbore dimensions don't change to match the new hole size that's selected.  I haven't played around with it enough to see if it happens under all circumstances, but I do notice that happens if I've changed something in the countersink or counterbore dimensions.

It has nothing to do with the excel file.

by *Pro on ‎10-17-2013 10:59 AM

The excel file controls the hole tool and you can go put in the information the way your company wants it..

I do it for all my clients and it works fine for them. 

Excel.JPG

Countersink hole are there too..

Or like I said he is not giving enough information..

But the excel file does controls the hole feature..

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube