Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break in a section view

Break in a section view

A large assembly where one section thru (enlarged from the base view to enhance detail) could eliminate several detail views. Currently the "break view" command isn't active in sections unless the parent view itself is sectioned.

For instance, I don't need to show the piece of duct at any large scale than it already is...but by cutting a section at a larger scale I could accomplish a weld detail for the companion frame as well as details of both mechanical connections for the access door to duct in one section. The problem is that section enlarged would stretch across most of the page. Being able to break that would eliminate 75% of the length of the view giving me a nice tight broken section to detail out.

As it stands now I would have to cut a section (probably leaving the section the same scale as the base view...which would provide no new relevant information) in order to cut three separate detail views to enlarge for a weld detail and two mechanical connections. That's four views to accomplish the purpose of one.

SECTION.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report