44 Kudos
timdown73

Better dimension text interaction

by Valued Contributor timdown73 on ‎11-22-2013 10:39 AM

Maybe this is standard but I find it to be potentially confusing (see below).

Capture.JPG

Comments
by Valued Contributor timdown73 on ‎12-02-2013 10:43 AM

Furthermore, my diameter symbol should not be offset by the fact that I have an alternate metric dimension below.

Capture.JPG

by Mentor on ‎01-30-2014 05:45 AM

The icons in the dimension style dialogs say that in the instance of an alternate dimenion that one will be above the line and the other below the line. However this isn't the case. As in the image above, if you extend the dimension line across the text, the line is actually about 1/3 of the way UP the 13 7/16" text and NOT between the dimension and the note.

It's very weird how inventor deals with dimension text. I can add something like "TYP." under the dimension usingthe Edit dimension dialog and that works just fine. Dimension, line, TYP. But trying to do dual dimensioning fails everytime despite the fact the style dialog box says that's what you're selecting.

AutoCAD has done this since the late 80's at the earliest, why this hasn't been straightened out yet is beyond me.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube