Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ballooning of Reference Items in Draw

Ballooning of Reference Items in Draw

I always have numerous reference items in my assemblies. When I create an isometric view, i need to ballon the view. It will not pick up the reference items, I always have to place a leader with text.

Can we not change the ballon function so that we can ballon these reference items.

6 Comments
dvsmiller9
Advocate

This would help with Vault and Item Assign/Update.  We model several instances of parts like wire that we would like to balloon but do not want to set their BOM structure to normal or purchased because the Vault would tie them to every assembly that uses that part number.  We instead use an empty model IPT with the correct BOM info properties (also to alleviate the Vault's similar behavior with virtual parts). 
If we could set them to reference and attach a balloon from list (without needing a prior balloon already attached to do so) this would solve our ballooning issues as well.

stevenreed5802
Advocate

I am making my cut to fit raw material for pipe to be reference parts and then adding virtual components to show the raw material in the parts list.  Even though the reference parts would not show up in the parts list, I would still like to balloon the items in the drawing.  I think we should have that option.

DRoam
Mentor

@stevenreed5802, what's the purpose of ballooning something that doesn't have corresponding Item # in the Parts List? Can you post a sample of your desired resulting drawing?

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes.

We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found
that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know.

- Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report