Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ballooning inside IPN

Ballooning inside IPN

With few effort you could really make the IPN better than Publisher; why not starting with the capability to apply 3d annotations like Balloons?

ipn balloons.jpg

10 Comments
Cadmanto
Mentor

Between this idea and the one I just posted for placing an annotations parts list within an assembly drawing these would make a great marriage.  Smiley Very Happy

LT.Rusty
Advisor

If they made Inventor's built-in Presentation functionality better than Inventor Publisher, then how would they convince people to buy Inventor Publisher?

matteo_pallaroni
Advocate

I think a unique integrated platform,  no models translation, data migration and stuff like that is a major advantage than switching from interface to interface.

Josh_Hunt
Advocate

I do think the Presentation environment has been neglected for a LONG time.

However I think Autodesk's plan with Publisher was that you can use it with a lot of different CAD data. Also, Publisher is much cheaper than Inventor and is simple enough that someone unfamiliar (Documentation only person) can operate it.

Balloning in the IPNs would be nice but Autodesk REALLY needs to make it easier to 'tweak' components, update the order of steps, and update smoothly when the assembly changes.

gusi_cl
Advocate

I agree with all you!

Huan.Yu_Autodesk
Autodesk

Hi All,

Just want to let everyone know that the Inventor Presentation environment is completely re-designed and re-created in Inventor 2017 to provide better user experience. If you get chance to use it, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

-Huan Yu

DRoam
Mentor

See a related request here: Presentation : Add Annotation features.

It sounds like, due to Autodesk's retirement of Publisher (in 2016), there's a definite push from users to get Publisher functionality in the Presentation environment.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [10814]. Thanks!

Dynamic79
Explorer

Dan.szymanski where are we with these Publisher Features (Text, Call outs, Annotation's, ect.. ) ? do you have an ETA? 

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

Hello,

Unfortunately I cannot comment on delivery plans or status for any functionality on public forums (due to revenue recognition ramifications).  To get a better understanding of Idea Status, you can check the following link.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report