Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach a sheet number to a leader.

Attach a sheet number to a leader.

i want to be able to associate leader text with a particular page number. 

For instance, I want to write, "see page 6" 

But if I add a page before 6 then I have to remember to update the note. 

I want to be able to live link this in the leader

9 Comments
LT.Rusty
Advisor

Possibly even better, rather than just linking to another sheet, how about linking to a specific view, so the note would read "SEE SECTION L-L ON SHEET 3?"

jtylerbc
Mentor

I would like to see something like this as well.  I'm thinking something like the "Cross Reference" system in Word.

Also would be very nice if it could be extended to include information from the drawing's Parts List as linkable items.  That way you could include information such as Item Numbers in the text of a note, and have them update automatically.

Mark_Wigan
Collaborator

this is a good topic & i would also like to see something like this. 

managing this kind of thing takes time and with inventors object model already storing all this information it should be possible.

for example, i have been using a reasonable add-in that i bought off the inventor apps exchange store that allows for section and detail labels to retrieve the cross-sheet and associated information, but it does not apply to leaders pers'e'. it has saved me a lot of of time but you must update the views (one click) if you change anything around after you fire it in the first instance.

i think that if the devs are able to add this leader functionality it should provide the user some visual feedback if the cross reference needs to be updated. this would flag the need to update back to the user to refresh the data. (alternatively provide the user a toggle / choice to update cross refs automatically or flag the need to refresh).

jeanchile
Advisor

When I move a view from one sheet to another it seems ridiculous to me that the section cut line and view label don't automatically show this. Huge oversight on AD's part I guess and this needs to go to the top of the list in my opinion. Please review this and add soon.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted
Accepted idea [US20411]. Thanks!
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We are refining procedures around idea status.  Changing this to Future Consideration.

SteveN
Observer

@dan_szymanski

I think this is great idea, but can we also get this information as a architectural call out bubble that could be attached to the view names?  That would be awesome helpful.

Thanks!

CHRISB4N3DB
Community Visitor

I AGREE WITH STEVE

CampoVerde01
Advocate

@dan_szymanski 

Yes we would also like to be able to refer to another sheet. We would like to be able to automatically add this information and that it updates when we put a view on another sheet.

For details: A leader with text SEE DETAIL 1 ON SHEET 2

and on sheet 2 under the view of the detail:

DETAIL 1

FROM SHEET 1

Same for sections or views: With leader attached to the Section/View A-A Arrow with text: ON SHEET 2

and on sheet 2 under the view of the section/view i.e.:

SECTION A-A

FROM SHEET 1

This would save us tremendous time and chance on errors. 

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report