Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
23 Kudos
jamjumpin

Attach a sheet number to a leader.

by Valued Contributor jamjumpin on ‎04-25-2013 07:44 AM

i want to be able to associate leader text with a particular page number. 

For instance, I want to write, "see page 6" 

But if I add a page before 6 then I have to remember to update the note. 

I want to be able to live link this in the leader

Accepted idea [US20411]. Thanks!
Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎04-25-2013 08:14 AM

Possibly even better, rather than just linking to another sheet, how about linking to a specific view, so the note would read "SEE SECTION L-L ON SHEET 3?"

by *Expert Elite* on ‎04-26-2013 05:35 AM

I would like to see something like this as well.  I'm thinking something like the "Cross Reference" system in Word.

Also would be very nice if it could be extended to include information from the drawing's Parts List as linkable items.  That way you could include information such as Item Numbers in the text of a note, and have them update automatically.

by *Expert Elite* ‎04-30-2013 08:47 AM - edited ‎04-30-2013 08:59 AM

this is a good topic & i would also like to see something like this. 

managing this kind of thing takes time and with inventors object model already storing all this information it should be possible.

for example, i have been using a reasonable add-in that i bought off the inventor apps exchange store that allows for section and detail labels to retrieve the cross-sheet and associated information, but it does not apply to leaders pers'e'. it has saved me a lot of of time but you must update the views (one click) if you change anything around after you fire it in the first instance.

i think that if the devs are able to add this leader functionality it should provide the user some visual feedback if the cross reference needs to be updated. this would flag the need to update back to the user to refresh the data. (alternatively provide the user a toggle / choice to update cross refs automatically or flag the need to refresh).

by Valued Mentor on ‎06-21-2013 07:53 AM

When I move a view from one sheet to another it seems ridiculous to me that the section cut line and view label don't automatically show this. Huge oversight on AD's part I guess and this needs to go to the top of the list in my opinion. Please review this and add soon.

by Employee dan.szymanski on ‎11-22-2013 07:14 AM
Status changed to: Accepted
Accepted idea [US20411]. Thanks!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube