Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotations use Object Defaults of the Active Standard when (By standard)

Annotations use Object Defaults of the Active Standard when (By standard)

I consider this a bug but Autodesk's states this is "as designed".

GOAL: I have a drawing detailed in inches that I need to be in metric. It would be very simple to be able to fix or change a DWG by simply changing the "Standard" from Imperial > Metric. Then select all annotations and set styles to "By Standard".

SUMMARY: Changing the "Active" "Standard" style of the drawing does not update the annotations (dimensions specifically) to the new styles defined in the object defaults. Annotations seem to remember the Active "Standard" at the moment of creation. Even though the annotation is set to "By Standard", it uses the "Object Defaults" of the original "Standard".

Follow the steps inside my attached example [Inventor 2014 format] to see the issue.

QUESTION: Does anyone know how to correct this manually? So all annotations use the "Active Standard". Then I can program the manual.

1 Comment
mikejones
Collaborator

We experience exactly the same problem with our drawings. Basically we have two standards available each based on a different line weight; lightweight (0.35mm) and normal (0.5mm).

If the drawing is started using the 'Normal' lineweight the decides that the drawing is looking a bit 'heavy' then it is very difficult to change all of the current styles to the 'New' active style.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report