Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
107 Kudos
Curtis_Waguespack

Allow the user to tun off the mini-toolbars / in canvas tools

by *Expert Elite* on ‎11-29-2012 07:43 AM

Unfortunately, Autodesk has not provided the ability to turn off the mini toolbars, so we're stuck with the current strange Jekyll and Hyde interface, which is cluttered, distracting and in many cases incomplete.

Most user would benifit from being able to use either the dialog interface or the mini-toolbars, but having both is a problem.

Currently the best we can do is roll up the dialog box:

Accepted idea [US9876]. Thanks!
Comments
by *Expert Elite* ‎04-03-2013 09:00 AM - edited ‎04-03-2013 09:01 AM

mrattray wrote:

Being forced to have both the mini toolbars and dialog boxes is silly, but please don't fix this by removing the dialog boxes and leaving me stuck with those silly, shiny, rainbow-fart mini toolbars. There's nothing wrong with dialog boxes.

I agree. There needs to be an option to use either, but not both.I'm sure there are some users who like the mini-toobars, and they should be welcome to use them. But I've noticed some new tools are not being given dialog boxes. This is not the right direction for Inventor to go. The consistency a dialog box offers is invaluable, for:

* simple ease of use
* quick consistent design changes
* design procedure documentation
* new user adoption
* consistent communication between the author and reader in tutorial development

by Distinguished Contributor DWhiteley on ‎09-06-2013 03:28 AM

Great! who needs the resize doughnuts on the holes?

by *Pro ‎09-19-2013 11:43 AM - edited ‎09-19-2013 11:44 AM

Oh I see keep both with option but take my Classic interface away..

Kind of funny how I want my Classic as an option everyone said move on but when it comes to all your stuff leave both with option..

Not cool...

Can I please have my Classic back...

Please, please please

by Valued Contributor fprico on ‎01-29-2014 09:39 AM

Also the mini-toolbar is permanently moving and it constantly taps the solid model. I think the mini-toolbar should be fixed as the other toolbar.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎03-13-2014 06:21 AM

i agree mrattray

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube