Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
26 Kudos
catot

Aligning Views in two directions

by catot on ‎03-19-2013 09:44 AM

When you in a drawing have a view that is aligned to an other view, I would wish I had the opportunity to align it to a second view. In other words, I would really like to have the ability to choose horizontal and vertical alignment in the same drawing view.The only choice you have when wanting to align a view that already is aligned, is to break that alignment.

This idea has been logged twice. I kept the newer idea Open as the parent as it had more kudos as of 5/28/2013. Either way - the idea has been accepted [US17075 & US17076]. Here is the Master Ideal - moving forward, please use it to cast your kudos (votes).

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/v1232/article-id/1469

Thanks.

Comments
by Employee dan.szymanski on ‎03-21-2013 02:20 PM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Active Contributor ic198 on ‎03-21-2013 04:16 PM

It would also be great if you could select what is horizontally or vertically aligned within a view. I would particularly like the ability to align using included Origin or Workplanes. For example, I would like to be able to align views of different parts or assemblies using Origin centrline planes.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎03-21-2013 04:28 PM

I'd also love to see being able to align detail views to each other based on the center of the view, like you can with base views, rather than what appears to be based on the relative positions of the things that they're showing.

by Mentor on ‎04-08-2013 10:47 AM

I often have section views that I need to break alignment and then align horizontally and vertically to another view.  This would be perfect!

by raith-mb on ‎04-22-2013 11:09 AM

This alignment vertically to one view AND horizontally to an other view had already been standard in older Versions of Inventor years ago. I had a CER in July 2009 for this Fault.
This alignment was ok until Inventor 2009 SP2. But Autodesk just closed the CER without modification. (exactly like: It's not a bug, it's a feature!")

by Employee dan.szymanski ‎05-28-2013 09:14 AM - edited ‎05-28-2013 10:47 AM
Status changed to: Duplicate

This idea has been logged twice. I kept the newer idea Open as the parent as it had more kudos as of 5/28/2013. Either way - the idea has been accepted [US17075 & US17076]. Here is the Master Ideal - moving forward, please use it to cast your kudos (votes).

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/v1232/article-id/1469

Thanks.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube