Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add perspective with ortho faces as a default in application options

Add perspective with ortho faces as a default in application options

Add perspective with ortho faces as a default in application options this is my preference and there is no default for this so I am forever changing this.

23 Comments
Timmy_Stalnacke
Advocate

I totally agree!

MichaelFarrow
Contributor

Very true.

You can select both Ortho or Perspective as the default options, why not Perspective with Ortho Faces?

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

b_ruijter
Advocate

Are you kidding? This is a slam-dunk? Please add this to the settings as fast as you can. 

Display Apperance.jpg

svenyonson
Explorer

Yes, I am requesting this feature too. It is super simple to add.

I love Fusion 360, but it is annoying to have to keep setting the view back to perspective with ortho faces, usually everytime a leave the rotation tool.

Maxim-CADman77
Advisor
py_perret
Contributor

It would be nice to have "perspective with face ortho" in the display settings and in the navigation bar.

b_ruijter
Advocate

I wan't this to so bad. I asked my collegue to write some ilogic code. He came up with this.

If ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.DocumentType = kPartDocumentObject Or ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.DocumentType = kAssemblyDocumentObject Then Dim cam As Camera = ThisApplication.ActiveView.Camera If cam.Perspective = True Then ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.Item("AppViewCubePerspectiveOrthoCmd").Execute End If End If

I got an event trigger on "before save" all well.
b_ruijter
Advocate

I just checked in Fusion 360. Changed the setting. Closed fusion, opened fusion. Still on Perspective with Ortho Faces.

What is wrong with the Inventor programmers that they do'nt just implemend this simple user setting that everybody that uses perspective wants??

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [9541]. Thanks!

b_ruijter
Advocate

Hello, 

Any progress? Just updated to 2023. Its realy just missing in the application options. It's a no brainer. Please ad it as fast as posible.

ralarock
Enthusiast

It's 2022 and I am STILL having to mess with this. PLEASE fix it.

b_ruijter
Advocate

Just add a butten to the menu. It can not be that hard. Discusing about it takes longer. Complete-the-menu. Please.

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk

@py_perret @b_ruijter @ralarock 

many thanks for you posting the feedback to us! We also would like to understand more about the scenario about "perspective with ortho faces" setting. I can imagine the workflow that this option is useful for drawing view creation, and we can get the base & project view using front, bottom & side orientation as expected, and ISO drawing view can be also created as perspective orientation. Is it the expected workflow here?

If there is any potential scenario, please feel free to share with us.

Appreciate!

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

@Ben-Cornelius @Maxim-CADman77 @svenyonson 

Many thanks for you posting the feedback to us, and tracked as [INVGEN-9541]! We also would like to understand more about the scenario about "perspective with ortho faces" setting. I can imagine the workflow that this option is useful for drawing view creation, and we can get the base & project view using front, bottom & side orientation as expected, and ISO drawing view can be also created as perspective orientation. Is it the expected workflow here?

If there is any potential scenario, please feel free to share with us.

Appreciate!

Maxim-CADman77
Advisor
b_ruijter
Advocate

Hello, 

The scenario is as follows. Everything looks better in perspective. You can navigate much much better in your models in perspective. You get an extra fourth dimension. The only upside of ortho is that you can see straigth lines or see if anything sticks out. This makes the perspecive with ortho faces the far superior setting. In the video you can see me select the "back" face. Than I lock my rotation via a button on mu 3Dconnexion mous. I can navigat in the flat like this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W70S4_30r8  

Ben-Cornelius
Collaborator

@Yijiang.Cai  this is pretty self-explanatory general navigation is better/more realistic in perspective and can zoom through objects but when looking at a face in perspective some things can look off as if they have not been modeled correctly therefore when looking at a face orthographic is superior. Therefore the best of both is perspective with ortho faces, perspective & orthographic are both default settings in application options so why not perspective with ortho faces?  This is a no-brainer JDI type enhancement to add to application options as a default setting. 

Maxim-CADman77
Advisor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report