Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design accelerator synchronous belts

Design accelerator synchronous belts

Hi,

In Turkey, lots of people use HTD M type synchronous belts in assembly so they can not use Inventor Content.

They say why Inventor do not get this  type belt and they solve their problem any way .

If teeth profile same as other type there will be no  problem but teeth profile different.

Pulley and belt are be in Inventor Content library

19 Comments
maartenverbunt
Enthusiast

I would really want a more expanded range of timingbelts. Or an easy way to add one myself. But now there are just too few to choose from in the design accellerator.

Tags (3)
cgusi
Enthusiast

Ability to customize the components of the design accelerator ....

j.romo
Advocate

6 versions and its almost useless.

fabian
Explorer

Is it possible to add the synchronious belts 3M, 5M, 8M, 10M, 15M and 20M to the power transmission library?

Now only MXL, L,H T2,5, etc are available and not curvilinear designed belts.

Tags (6)
n.schotten
Advocate

I too need the more modern belt types like the HTD types. 3M-5M-8M and so on.

Also a better way to get custom belt lenghts or add lenghts to the accelerators list.

To top it off: open lenght belts. like you often find on belt driven lineair guides, or on 'cable ferry' style moving motor sytems. the ends of the belt are fixed and the motor pulls a system along the belt. Same goes for chains ofcourse.

swalton
Mentor
miechh
Collaborator

And Autodesk should enable users to create their own synchronous belt/pulley(-library) in a user-friendly way/environment when the desired timing-belts or -pulleys are not available. I use the HTD 3M synchronous belts often in my designs, but none of the pulleys/belts in the content center comes close enough to justify the use of the design accellerator. Pretty annoying.

bri
Explorer
Explorer

The most common type of belt in europa is HTD 3M - 5M -  8M - 14M ect. I thing this will be a great help to inventor users to have options i belt generator, so solve problem fast. I inventor 2013 there was a solution. Does anyone know how to solve problem.

swalton
Mentor

Follow this thread for instructions to add additional timing belts.  Its not to most user friendly, but I think it will get the job done.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/synchronous-t5-belt-with-154-teeth/td-p/60...

Lots of room for ease-of-use improvements or more belt types out-of-the-box.

bri
Explorer
Explorer

I think it's about time Autodesk helps users using HTD belts. Autodesk must make solution for using design acc to create HTD in all shapes. In most of europe the most common belts are 5M - 8M - 14M and 20M. So make it happen.

Tags (1)
karthur1
Mentor

In the meantime, you can manually add them by editing the .xml file located at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Design_Data\Design Accelerator\Tables\SBelts.  Not saying this is the solution.  AD REALLY needs to update the CC or make an interface that will generate the .xml files if we have a "Custom" belt or pulley that we need to add. 

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. The product team continually reviews this forum aiming to
deliver in the most impactful way we can based on voting. We also regularly examine the
list to make sure it reflects the most current Ideas. As part of this process we archive
old Ideas that haven’t received broad support. This ensures there is room for new Ideas
to be reviewed by the community and for the most relevant and meaningful ones to gain
votes.

This Idea is archived because it's been on the board for over a year and hasn't received
many votes. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support across the
community, you're welcome to do so. Leveraging images, animated gifs or sample mock-ups
can help convey concepts and generate more votes from other users. If you have questions
or see a connection between this Idea and others that should be accounted for, please
let us know.

- INV.IdeaReview

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

PIZZEGHELLO.P
Contributor

I THINK THERE IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ADD A HTD BELTS TO SYNCRONUOS BELT.  AND WITH THE PRODUCER COLLABORATION, ADD PULLEY AND BELTS IN LIBRARY OF DESIGN ACCELERATION , FOR EXAMPLE OPTIBEL, GATES, CHIRAVALLI  LIBRARY OF BELTS AND PULLEY.  WITH THIS, WE HAVE MORE SPEED FOR DESIGN.

Tags (1)
jingyi.liu
Alumni
Thanks for your feedback, there is a similar idea request for synchronous belts, please cast your vote to it, https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/design-accelerator-synchronous-belts/idi-p/5482354 Regards, Jingyi
john
Explorer

Yes, about time HTD belts were included as standard.

petermtaylor
Enthusiast

So, are we there yet?

How long as it been?

PIZZEGHELLO.P
Contributor

5 years and nothing resolved yet...

shadowcaster111
Enthusiast

all these years later and we still don't have a proper selection of belts
I did modify sbelts once,  PITA
then it was wiped out when I updated the software. more pain

WTF autodesk   I thought the program was about designing not programing
How about making things better for the people in the trenches

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report