Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural detailing in frame generator

Structural detailing in frame generator

It would be truly helpful to have the possibility to insert standard bolted connections to models within frame generator. I know that there is software like Tekla structures and Autodesk structual detailing, but you don't have to design whole buildings before it is necessary to use bolted connections. Most smaller scale structures needs to be shipped in containers and assembled on site. 

structual detailing sample.png

25 Comments
bjur
Collaborator

Inventor seams much more capable for handling the generation of structural steel shop drawings than autocad.  I would love to see the same detailing tools available in Autodesk Structural Detailing, brought into Inventor.  

hagiographa
Enthusiast

I would like to see the following new features in Frame Generator please:

1. Ability to add standard cleat plates and bracing (connections) that automatically drill holes in beams, columns.  I would also like these to be automatically detailed in shop drawings - similar to AutoCad SD or ProSteel.

2. Ability to not only trim one member to another, but to specify cope size, height, length, radius and depth.  Once again, these automatically generated features should auto dimension for shop drawings.

3. A marking plan grid that is customisable with spacing and that has the option of visible/opacity/invisible.  Have an option so that the columns placed at the grid reference eg. A1 can be used in generating the part number so you can easily tell where each column goes (as connections may differ on each column). 

This last one is a wish:

4. Included iLogic Stair Generator using Australian Standard PFCs, treads (Webforge or Weldlok) and stanchions (Monowills) that conform to AS1657.

Thanks

Tags (3)
DuncanAnderson
Collaborator

Great idea.

We would also need an authoring tool as different companies have different standards.

The authoring tool would need to have relations - possibly using iLogic - between the two different members of the Frame.

guido_66
Advocate

If Autodesk isn't planning on doing this, I wish there was a 3rd party solution like there is for Solidworks: http://www.solidace.com/eng/products/builtworks-features/features-detailing/detailing-plates/

matthewweake1
Advocate

How about using some of the Graitec Advance Steel code?

http://news.autodesk.com/press-release/corporate-sustainability/autodesk-signs-agreement-acquire-str...

I would never see Inventor doing all of the structural details for a building - leave that to Revit/AutoCAD but the point is valid for a lot of machinery builders.

francis.verbeeck
Advocate

It would make frame generaror a frame generator.

I mis it so mutch.

ther is mutch room for improvement.

what do we have to do with a mudbox when our job is to create technical instalations.

I askd the autodesk reseller if they had a solution.

until now I have not receved an answer.

TB-DH
Observer

There is one solution for Inventor

it calls ASi-Profile

the demo videos are great, next week we have a meeting with the developer, i will post the results here

francis.verbeeck
Advocate
It looks great just what i sugested.
Keep me informt.

Francis

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. The product team continually reviews this forum aiming to deliver in the most impactful way we can based on voting. We also regularly examine the list to make sure it reflects the most current Ideas. As part of this process we archive old Ideas that haven’t received broad support. This ensures there is room for new Ideas to be reviewed by the community and for the most relevant and meaningful ones to gain votes.

This Idea is archived because it's been on the board for over a year and hasn't received many votes. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support across the community, you're welcome to do so. Leveraging images, animated gifs or sample mock-ups can help convey concepts and generate more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others that should be accounted for, please let us know.

- INV.IdeaReview

m.minajev
Contributor

It could be a great boost for Inventor if you combine it with Advance Steel in same way as you did with Nastran in-cad. For sure this will attract many consumers to Autodesk products from other CADs, as it will provide all you need in one pack - Structural steel from Advance Steel extension; mechanical design, sheet design and welding environment from Inventor; advanced calculations from Nastran; and CNC tool from HSM. 

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor
dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Did you mistake the product? That was supposed to be in Inventor.-) Time 4:30 and all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=29&v=wVz8m95evzk

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Next Context. Solidworks already has it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1375&v=eTxwXl0120A

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Hello,
I watched one demonstration from Autodesk. No assembly is created using frame. All profiles are entered manually. That is not a good message. I hear the frame is part for the builder. I disagree. Do you think the builder did this? No, this normally makes mechanical engineers.

2019-11-11_10h45_52.png2019-11-11_10h46_35.png

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor
dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report