Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Appearance Library selection for Routed Systems dialog boxes

Add Appearance Library selection for Routed Systems dialog boxes

I would love to see the routed systems have an overhaul. So much potential yet little has been changed over the years.

Once Inventor changed to the new Material/Appearance a few releases back it made changing Segments color/textures a pain to select which are custom and which are default Inventor/Autodesk Apperance (styles).

The scenario:

As you know, the available apperance styles to select in dialog boxes are tied directly to the currently selected Appearance Library. We use custom apperances in our company using a custom Appearance Library (special wiring loom, custom paint codes, etc). I want to apply those custom apperances to a few select segments in my harness assembly. I also want other segments to mimmick a rubber or vinyl appearance, so I use the default Inventor Appearance Library for those segments. It is not so easy.

The problem:

You can't easily transition between different Apperance Libraries while having an efficient workflow while editing segments and details. You have to modifiy whichever segments you want using the selected (current) Apperance Library and then close the dialog box, change Appearance Library to whichever you choose, only to have to go BACK into the dialog box to continue editing and detailing segments. It would save a lot of time if we could have the ability to choose which Appearance list to show based on which Library I have selected, all within one dialog box area. See attached files for an exmaple on how to solve this IMHO.

2 Comments
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report