Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to Toggle Planes/Axis on/off While Constraining

Ability to Toggle Planes/Axis on/off While Constraining

I use hot keys all the time and I find it very annoying that it I need to constrain a component in an assembly

and I need to turn off or on the planes or axis that the constraining dialog window always turns off.

Why is this?  It would be a lot easier if this window remained open when toggling them on or off.

5 Comments
MDS-MQ
Advocate

You can constrain to a plane or axis that is not visable. You have to select it in the browser.

Cadmanto
Mentor

I know, but it is not always easy to find the planes in the browser.

This would just be easier in my opinion.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes.

We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found 
that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know.

- Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

@inv.ideareview I want it. How do I vote? 

When constrain is on i want to use on and off the work plane. Using the keyboard shortcut ctrl + ( or chceck box for constrain On/Off for work plane

Argument: I have many work plane in assembly, when I use constrain I can not use constrain face, because I can not see an face part through many work plane

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

The customer works in Inventor from version 5.3 Inventor. She asks me, would it be possible? This idea. What do I have to say is that it's here since 2013 and nothing yet?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report