Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL CAPS - change text case to all capitals

ALL CAPS - change text case to all capitals

Please provide a way to edit text and change the case to ALL CAPS - similar to AutoCAD.

4 Comments
dvsmiller9
Advocate

I had to create a new font based on an existing one, replacing all the lowercase instances with a copy of the uppercase ones.  Have used this method since Inventor 11.  Would be nicer and easier to just be able to select the text and change case.

Josh_Hunt
Advocate

In the BOM Editor, you can right-click multiple iProperties and Capitalize.

I think an even better method would be an Application Option that auto-capitalize all text typed into iProperties and drawing text. AutoCAD Electrical already has this feature. We would want this feature to have NO effect on model parameters.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2016.  Within text annotations in drawings, there is a new "Text String" command that allows you to convert selected text to be: UPPERCASE, lowercase or Title Case.  Special thanks to everyone who cast your Kudo for it.

zezzano
Community Visitor

I use Shift and F3 on the keyboard: if you highlight the text that you want to change do that twice until it changes to "ALL CAPS". If you do it only once it "Capitalizes Only The First Letter Of Each Word".

I hope it helps.Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report