Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D connexion setting

3D connexion setting

Every year, I have to go into the Registry & modify the view settings so that when i paused navigating my 3D model, the view center auto resets to the center of the object in the middle of the screen. 

This key value has been avialable in the registry for a number of releases now. Please can it be added to the Application options in the Display tab

7 Comments
pcrawley
Advisor

This is a brilliant suggestion Scott.   Maybe we should ask for a tick box in the Application Options dialog box?

(Or not.)

For those of us with really short memories, would it be worth posting the registry key information here whilst we wait for Inventor to be updated?

KevinDobson
Explorer

This is a great idea, and implementation should be dead easy...1/2 the work is already done.  The time savings from this idea adds up quickly 

scottmoyse
Mentor

I'd like to change this to 3D navigation setting so it applies to all 3D mouse hardware & not just 3D Connexion

bwoodbury
Community Visitor

Here are the instructions from http://designandmotion.net/autodesk/autodesk-inventor-3d-connexion-registry-hack/

1. In Inventor, take a screenshot of your settings in Tools > Application Options > Display > 3D Navigation.
  2. Close Inventor.
  3. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type ‘regedit’ and launch the application.
  4. Navigate in the registry to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersionXX.0\System\ Preferences\Display] (Replace XX.0 with the current version).
  5. Write down the Hexadecimal value for the “Viewing Command Options” Key.
  6. Change this DWORD to Hexadecimal value of 21.
  7. Open Inventor and check the settings at Tools > Application Options > Display > 3D Navigation.
  8. Due to the changing the value to 21, some of your viewing preferences may have been changed. Compare the current settings to the ones in the screenshot you took and revert them where needed.
  9. Close Inventor.
  10. If you want, you can now go back to the registry and take note of the new value for the “Viewing Command Options” Key so you can use that instead of 21 next time.
scottmoyse
Mentor

The status of this idea should be marked as implemented now. It's native behavior in Inventor 2015 now and therefore a setting is not required in Application Options

scottmoyse
Mentor

Thanks for sharing the link to my post @bwoodbury 

bwoodbury
Community Visitor

It's native behavior in Inventor 2015 now . . .

Are you sure? Doesn't seem like it's fixed to me. I'm still held back by the bungee cord when trying to zoom and fly through models, and I can't get it to automatically reset the orbit center unless I set “Viewing Command Options” to 21.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report