Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
32 Kudos
scottmoyse

3D connexion setting

by *Expert Elite* on ‎06-20-2013 04:04 PM

Every year, I have to go into the Registry & modify the view settings so that when i paused navigating my 3D model, the view center auto resets to the center of the object in the middle of the screen. 

This key value has been avialable in the registry for a number of releases now. Please can it be added to the Application options in the Display tab

Comments
by Distinguished Mentor on ‎06-24-2013 02:48 PM

This is a brilliant suggestion Scott.   Maybe we should ask for a tick box in the Application Options dialog box?

(Or not.)

For those of us with really short memories, would it be worth posting the registry key information here whilst we wait for Inventor to be updated?

by KevinDobson on ‎07-26-2013 05:58 AM

This is a great idea, and implementation should be dead easy...1/2 the work is already done.  The time savings from this idea adds up quickly 

by *Expert Elite* on ‎02-14-2014 12:46 PM

I'd like to change this to 3D navigation setting so it applies to all 3D mouse hardware & not just 3D Connexion

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube