Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D PDF

3D PDF

The ability to create 3D PDF's from inventor. I don't want to bu publisher just to create a 3D PDF or any other 3rd party application. A lot of customers are requesting this now, and dwf isn't the answer, most people have adobe non-cad and cad users, where as they don't have dwf viewer and cant download it.

30 Comments
karthur1
Mentor

If I could give this 10000 kudos I would do it.  Its absolutely pitiful that Publisher has 3D pdf capabilities, but they wont put it in Inventor.  I use dwf, love it and wish everyone would use it.  Thats not the problem.  The problem is we have government contracts and the contacts that we have cant just load software on their computers.  They dont have Design Review, but they already have Adobe loaded and that is what they want.  They tell me the dwfx is "supposed" to work without installing the viewer, but nobody I know can get that to work either.

karthur1
Mentor

Thanks Ira for the comment.

I understand that there are 3rd party apps out there that will do this, but we are wanting this to be included with Inventor.... not purchased seperately.  They already have this ability in one product (Publisher), so it cant be a some licensing issue between AD and Adobe.

djreesing
Advocate

Indeed, DWF is great but to be universal we really need 3D PDF. Autodesk please put this in the next release!

Daniël

BryanKelley
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review
This project [US4754] [US2028] [US2029] is under review by the development team.
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted as ideas [US2028] [US2029]. Thanks!

itronrud
Explorer

Some of my customers often wants to have 3D PDF files. I can make it via my Solidworksprogram, but then i first had to convert the model to Solidworks.Then i have to adjust all the colors, etc, etc, beafore i make the 3D PDF file. In Solidworks i click the file, and save as menu. I choose Adobe Portable Document Format (pdf), and then i click on the save as 3D PDF option.

This take to long time and have many drawbacks. I can mention discspace and duble up with files. I would like to have this option in Inventor too. Then i dont had to have the Solidworksprogram anymore, and  It will save me for a lot of work.

dgorsman
Consultant
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hello, This idea has already been requested/posted and exists here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/3D-PDF/idi-p/3738852

Please cast a kudo for the parent idea as to not split the votes.

Thanks!

alenard
Explorer

PLEASE... I DEMAND PDF! 

enigma
Contributor

I see this has been "Accepted", but I still want to give it another +1000 kudos. This can't come soon enough.

mcgyvr
Consultant

I WANT..I WANT..I WANT.... 

3D PDF + PMI information = WINNING !!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

and when will it happen, that 3D PDF will be into the inventor

DMusich
Advocate

I cannot believe this is not a priority. EVERYONE would benefit from it. Any status on this?

ThalesNorway
Explorer

3D PDF export should be a built in feature of Inventor. There are well of a 1000 posts on this topic, so I feel that Autodesk should take some action. Other vendors (e.g. PTC) offer this function. Autodesk users will have to rely on third party solutions. These solutions are volnurable as they may be incompatible when the tools are upgraded.

scottmoyse
Mentor

This is a duplicate idea. The original one, which has already been accepted can be found here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/3d-pdf/idi-p/3738852 please add your votes to that idea instead.

jeffsteiger6735
Advocate

So when will this be available in Inventor...2016 release? We need it...yesterday.

mike.4life
Contributor

3D PDF, Yes, hope we get this for AI 2016.

I wish we also get an option to export or not export layers when we create a PDF from the Drawing Sheet, sometimes is annoying have the layer panel showing every time we create a PDF, I know there others option to work this around but come on, just an option to turn them on and off.

I don't know if this Idea have been requested, if not I will create one.

mike.4life
Contributor
steinar.sorem
Advocate

This feature seems to be accepted? I can not see this poosibility even in 2016 release? Autodesk, when is 3D PDF included?

francis.verbeeck
Advocate

Loads of people need this.

If is send a dwf most of the customers are not allowed to install dwf viewer.

And everybody has a pdf reader.

If the general manager or the stock holder have to buy a smaller car so be it first update incorporate 3D PDF!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report