Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workgroup search path order

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
117 Views, 1 Reply

workgroup search path order

In the window when i go to open, where it list's the folders in the workgroup search pat's. How do i get them to be listed in alphabetical order? I have them listed alphabetically in the project setting but they show up out of order in the open window. I can go to the project setting and use move up / down on them and re-arrange them any way i want but in the open window they always stay the same. I tried making a whole new project and made sure i entered them in the order i want them. but this time they are in completely different order than the first time and still not alphabetical.
My last test. i made a new project and entered them a certain way and in the open window they show up in some order. then i deleted that project and made a new project following the exact steps and order as the last project. they are arranged differently this time.

Does anyone know how to re-arrange the order of the search path's?

Thank you,
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think someone said in another post on the subject that they are listed in alphabetical order by folder name, not by project file workgroup order. I too would prefer them to list by the project file workgroup order. rimo625 wrote: > In the window when i go to open, where it list's the folders in the workgroup search pat's. How do i get them to be listed in alphabetical order? I have them listed alphabetically in the project setting but they show up out of order in the open window. I can go to the project setting and use move up / down on them and re-arrange them any way i want but in the open window they always stay the same. I tried making a whole new project and made sure i entered them in the order i want them. but this time they are in completely different order than the first time and still not alphabetical. > My last test. i made a new project and entered them a certain way and in the open window they show up in some order. then i deleted that project and made a new project following the exact steps and order as the last project. they are arranged differently this time. > > Does anyone know how to re-arrange the order of the search path's? > > Thank you, -- Hal Gwin Mechanical Designer Xenogen W2K SP4 Dell Precision 650 Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon 1.5 GB DDR Quadro4 900 XGL nVidia 6.14.10.5214 w/registry update Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report