Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows settings - services

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
117 Views, 3 Replies

windows settings - services

some time ago a saw a document describing the windows services you could turn off - either to improve speed / mem or security. Unfortunately I cannot find it in neither IV 8 or VI 9 NG. If somebody have the document would they pls post it to CF. Thanks in advance Finnur P.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There is some info here http://www.blackviper.com/ -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "Finnur P. Frodason" wrote in message news:40fbc456$1_2@newsprd01... > some time ago a saw a document describing the windows services you could > turn off - either to improve speed / mem or security. > Unfortunately I cannot find it in neither IV 8 or VI 9 NG. > If somebody have the document would they pls post it to CF. > > Thanks in advance > > Finnur P. > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

The author is Richard Rankin, it is the Large Assembly Performance guide. You can also find a copy on Sean Dotson's site under tutorials. www.sdotson.com/tutorials.asp Finnur P. Frodason wrote: > some time ago a saw a document describing the windows services you could > turn off - either to improve speed / mem or security. > Unfortunately I cannot find it in neither IV 8 or VI 9 NG. > If somebody have the document would they pls post it to CF. > > Thanks in advance > > Finnur P. > > -- Hal Gwin Mechanical Designer Xenogen W2K SP4 Dell Precision 650 Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon 1.5 GB DDR Quadro4 900 XGL nVidia 6.14.10.5214 w/registry update Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks - this was the one I thought about. Also thanks to Kent - interesting site you pointed out regards Finnur P. "Hal Gwin" wrote in message news:40fbf1a2$1_1@newsprd01... > The author is Richard Rankin, it is the Large Assembly Performance > guide. You can also find a copy on Sean Dotson's site under tutorials. > > www.sdotson.com/tutorials.asp > > > Finnur P. Frodason wrote: > > some time ago a saw a document describing the windows services you could > > turn off - either to improve speed / mem or security. > > Unfortunately I cannot find it in neither IV 8 or VI 9 NG. > > If somebody have the document would they pls post it to CF. > > > > Thanks in advance > > > > Finnur P. > > > > > > -- > Hal Gwin > Mechanical Designer > Xenogen > > W2K SP4 > Dell Precision 650 > Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon > 1.5 GB DDR > Quadro4 900 XGL > nVidia 6.14.10.5214 w/registry update > Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums